Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Signe Rabe Spied?

I was playing around today, it kept twitching my mind the Hamlet line "king of infinite space" and the SOT chapter title "Birds of Negative Space."  I put the two lines one on top of the other and checked the letters that fell in between.

I was able to come up with the following:

  • SFEE (as in S. feels?)
  • OIS (O is..?)
  • SOFIESE (?)
Despite the fact that perhaps I was on the right track, I wasn't able to continue the cipher in any meaningful way.  It then occurred to me that Signe Rabe could be found in the chapter title.  
The anagrams I came up with are 
  • SIGNE SPIED VACATE FOR B(some as yet unknown location, perhaps Brazil, Brussels, Belgium, Britain?)
  • SIGNE SPIED VACATE ORB F(ORB is an airport code in Sweden), so I am thinking it would read SIGNE SPIED VACATE ORB, F. 
  • SIGNE RABE SPIED TO CAVE, F. 
I think the first two are the most plausible, but my brain hurts so I need to call it day. 

edit: sometime in January I commented on Mystimus' blog that it could also rearrange to:
SERIN 5(E) SAVED TIAGO, FC.  There were two left over letters, B & P, which when put together could be a reference to BP Oil.




(8/9/14 edited for grammar, updated with new anagram solution, and tags added) 

No comments:

Post a Comment