Saturday, May 3, 2014

I am Straka...?

The Desjardins letter has always bugged me.  So I took another stab using word counts of 9 and 10 to equal 19 and using the words that fell in between.  I had to move one sentence to near the end ("scrutiny, please and confident" I think was the hint to move the sentence) and one count actually came to 20 (Perhaps because the message was written with some urgency as Desjardins may have already been murdered?).  I'm fairly confident this is the message:
"I am Straka and sure the moment when you contact me for clarity, I will be this careful."    
I dropped the letter into a spreadsheet to show the counts.  Also note that the words in the close of the letter "stay careful" rhyme with playfair, as in the cipher.

I should also note, that I have gotten some interesting anagrams from taking the first and last letters of each line from the body of the letter.  Mystery, MCrinitus, Curious and Bury are all anagrams that come from these letters, but attempts to try to decipher a message using a rail fence have been unsuccessful.  Since some of the lines contained the same letter at beginning and end it seems the play fair cipher is not viable here for a solution, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not good with ciphers.  So if anyone has thoughts on a possible cipher solution, please speak up!



No comments:

Post a Comment